-Nick Fury’s handwriting is simple, without any silly flourishes or other extraneous details. It’s straightforward and comfortable to read. He likes to think that it gives off an impassive air, much like that one dark eye he scrutinizes everyone with. Turns out that his handwriting expresses more than his face ever could. Anyone familiar with Fury knows that when he writes carefully while applying a fair amount of pressure to the paper with his pen, he should probably be left alone. Lighter, messier strokes signify a happy Fury.
Well, that was probably a stretch. Content was a better word.
-Tony Stark seems to have no particular style of handwriting when he is required to turn in a report of some kind. He likes to screw with whoever reads the damn things by frequently changing his style mid-sentence. All caps, no caps, calligraphy, scribbles, pictographs, ciphers. Finally, it is announced that whichever agent successfully decodes Stark’s latest travesty of a mission report will receive a salary bonus.
Nobody gets the bonus, which greatly amuses Tony.
He always signs his name the same way, however - a large T with a line after it, followed by an S and another line. He feels like John Hancock every time he graces another document with his name. Pepper points out that his chest puffs out a little TOO much while doing so. Tony retorts that being Tony Stark is something to be proud of.
-Whenever Thor decides to stick around on Midgard, SHIELD immediately orders many more reams of paper. Thor feels that even a short note is insufficient without a proud signature. A proud signature written in glorious five-inch-tall letters. He will use an extra page for his moniker if there is insufficient room on the message itself.
Tony’s signature grows by several inches. Pepper sighs.
Thor’s signature becomes even bigger. Tony scowls.
-Natasha’s writing is loopy, almost lazy. She barely holds the pen in her hand while she writes, a glazed look in her eyes. One would swear she was doodling.
She prefers it this way. She doesn’t want to concentrate on what she writes and how she writes it. Then she has to THINK about what she does.
Maybe one day her pen will turn out something better. Until then, she lets her writing give off an air of idleness.
-Clint’s writing is impossible to read. Literally impossible.
His hands are too tired to write. The insides of his fingers are rubbed raw.
-Fury is not pleased when a several-foot poster bearing only Stark’s name appears on his desk, with Stark’s report stapled neatly in one corner.
-Steve always started his signature very small. He gained confidence as he wrote further, so his name always looked lopsided whenever he signed an autograph - the left side tiny, the right side tall and strong.
He’s a little embarrassed that he keeps forgetting just who exactly he is.
-Thor paints his name on the outside of the building.-Bruce’s handwriting is all over the place. He writes like he’s always in a hurry, like he needs to get it all out before… before what? It’s silly, he tells himself as he signs the medical report in a rush. It’s not like he’ll never come back. He can finish then.But then he pauses, and looks down at his signature. Then, he begins to slowly go over the lines with his pen, making them stand out against the crisp white of the page.Bruce Banner.He is Bruce Banner.He didn’t want to forget. Even if he didn’t come back.-Fury steps outside one warm evening and tilts his head back. It’s impossible to see any stars with all the bright city lights around him, but it sure isn’t impossible to see the moon.The moon that currently bore Tony Stark’s name in big cursive letters.Fury sighed and mentally cursed whoever had invented moon robots.-Agent Coulson had perfect handwriting. He put care into every letter in every report, every memo, every note he jotted down to himself.It was his job to keep everything in order, he told himself. It was his job to keep things running smoothly. And he did it with pride. That pride was reflected in every careful stroke of his pen.He loved his job, he really did. He treated each report with the respect it deserved, spending as much time as necessary to make sure of its good quality.-After Phil died, Steve’s handwriting changed. His signature became evenly sized in all areas, the letters exquisitely formed.He had finally realized just how much his name meant to people. How much it had meant to Phil.Steve could honor Phil’s dedication in this small way.
Submitted by suntbone
- lexiewrites likes this
- felinesgalore likes this
- kidnap-the-muse likes this
- dreamingofmidnight reblogged this from theavengersheadcanons
- ran-duhm likes this
- a-silly-pony reblogged this from kephiso
- a-silly-pony likes this
- kephiso reblogged this from theavengersheadcanons
- paristandard likes this
- professorcat17 likes this
- anuschja reblogged this from theavengersheadcanons
- homestucksandstarbucks likes this
- azurarey likes this
- dark-mistress-anika likes this
- casandloki reblogged this from mummyholmesisupset
- love-as-thou-wilt reblogged this from theavengersheadcanons and added:
- lure-of-freedom reblogged this from snarkofspace
- lure-of-freedom likes this
- necessary-glitter likes this
- adiosinflection likes this
- izzehkins likes this
- snarkofspace reblogged this from theavengersheadcanons
- shecrazy13 likes this
- purplecladarcher reblogged this from theavengersheadcanons
- chromatographic likes this
- themisofpumpkinpie likes this
- vagrant-vitality likes this
- breakthebricks reblogged this from theavengersheadcanons
- dimensionsinthetardis reblogged this from mummyholmesisupset
- shadowdark-kitten reblogged this from princessmidna
- vanessaintheskywithdiamonds likes this
- popcorn-pieces likes this
- the-one-blog-to-rule-them-all likes this
- avengers-obsession reblogged this from theavengersheadcanons
- zilly-who reblogged this from theavengersheadcanons
- accio--loki likes this
- tanakatier reblogged this from theavengersheadcanons
- four-tea-two reblogged this from theavengersheadcanons
- cybrille likes this
- lechet reblogged this from mummyholmesisupset
- mymphr reblogged this from mummyholmesisupset
- mummyholmesisupset reblogged this from theavengersheadcanons and added:
- spam-monster likes this
- fromferfer likes this
- somuchbetterthanthat reblogged this from theavengersheadcanons
- bobbiejo1 reblogged this from blueshoesandbluemountains
- blueshoesandbluemountains reblogged this from theavengersheadcanons and added:
- signifier-signified likes this
- tjw0lf-note reblogged this from theavengersheadcanons
- for-the-love-of-marvel reblogged this from theavengersheadcanons and added: